Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Thing #9

Thing #9: Useful Library-Related Blogs and News Feeds

As an aside: I find that to add things to my Google Reader, it is just as easy to Ctrl-C the URL and then add it to the subscription list manually as it is to push the little orange button and follow all the steps to get it added.

I find Google Blog Search to be the easiest and most relevant of the search tools. (The list of quality winners from the Edublogs awards was handy, though that's not really a search application). I found Topix to be irritating, visually confusing, and unhelpful. Technorati is also visually unappealing, and when I entered the search term "Library2Play," it returned four results, none of which were actually that blog.

I found a few good teaching blogs, which I added to my reader. This is one of my favorites. I hope it will inspire me to steal use some of her ideas, not least more educational videos. Like this one! CUTE! (Not that I'd put mine on the web.)

1 comment:

  1. OMG, Nick, I love Mrs. Cassidy's blog, too. I could see lots of our faculty doing something similar, and of course, parents would love it as much... What an imaginative way to share what's going on in her classroom!

    ReplyDelete