Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thing #3

Thing #3: Set Up a Blog...and Make an Avatar

Whoops, got a little ahead of myself there. I have already done most of Thing #3.

Hey, where's my 23 Things community? I got on this train ten months too late!

I very much enjoyed reading David Warlick's thoughts on the value of blogging:
I believe that we must now become just as successful in teaching our children to become good and responsible producers of content, writers, artists, composers, etc. — good communicators.
Wise words, seriously. I'm proud to work at a school where that is the atmosphere, the mission and the norm.

And now I made an avatar! Avatars are electronic dress-up dollies for adults! It kinda looks like me, in spirit anyway.

2 comments:

  1. we will do our best to provide you a community with which to share this adventure! I have a feeling some of your team up there will take a peek every once and awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A dress-up dollies for adults? Good description Nick. Yes you are hopping on this train 10 months late but you have Vicki and Claude and I to enjoy your pithy comments. Great Avatar, by the way!

    ReplyDelete