Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thing #23

Thing #23 Summarize Your Thoughts about This Program

  • What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
I loved the idea of Google Docs; I hope to get my grade team to work using these instead of email clusters this year. I also am thinking about embedding all videos I show in-class from now on, perhaps in this blog, which I'll continue whenever I have something educational to note for posterity. I'm going to look into using Lulu, if only to bind my own self-made children's books. Oh, and I've got to use a couple of attention-catching custom images this year.
  • How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
I thought of myself as fairly technologically savvy and competent at the beginning. I guess the program has helped remind me that we can always learn more. Vicki left a great quote on my open Google Word Doc along the lines of "daring to classify ourselves as developing." To the extent that one of my lifelong learning goals is to simply keep learning, this has been great.
  • Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I was surprised to find so many great things under the mash-up category.
  • What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
The format is good. Loved the "in plain English" videos that accompanied many lessons. On the whole easy to follow and nicely telescoping - each lesson opens a door to the next. It would be nice if there were more networking opportunities. A 23 Things Ning? A Google Doc for participants to sandbox in? A 23 Things wiki?
  • If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?
Sure.
  • How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities?
I'd say 23 Things inspired me to gladly classify myself as developing.
  • Now go and comment on some of the other Players' blogs?
Is this a question? I don't know the answer. Er, yes?

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Nick who is daring and still developing!

    Congratulations on completing 23 Things! I am so proud of you and your work, as well as your perseverance! Author Carol Dweck says that effort is more essential than firepower, but in your case you have both. I appreciate your persistance.

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete