Monday, July 5, 2010

Thing #12

Thing #12: Creating Community Through Commenting

1. One point made in this post that I think bears repeating is to write constructive agreement. Everyone talks about constructive criticism, but it's just as important to realize that just saying "Love your blog" or "I agree" is nearly meaningless. As a kindergarten teacher, I have encouraged kids to go beyond saying a book was "good" or that that they "like" a friend's show and tell item. So how much more should we as adults use our expansive vocabularies and say why something is good or what we like about an idea? This goes far beyond the blogosphere and into everyday conversation as well as work meetings.

I also enjoyed being told about the comment tracking service CoComment in the same post, because I had no idea such a thing existed.

2. I added to my Associated Blogroll a shedload of this year's Library2Players who have updated within a week or so. I will be reading and commenting in the coming few weeks.

3. Outside of the Library2Play community, I recently discovered two terrific blogs of interest to a language-loving geek like me: the academic but eminently readable Language Log and Ken Jennings' amusing blog.

1 comment:

  1. In the spirit of blogging - I clicked on your name to see what you are up to. Can you tell me about the Assoicated Blogroll?? Did I miss that lesson?

    ReplyDelete