Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Thing #21

Thing #21: Podcasts and Videocasts

I really do like those "In Plain English" explanation videos. So helpful!

Photostory, being a Microsoft product, only downloads to Windows, so isn't going to be very relevant to the MacBook Pro machines we all have at work. Which is a great shame, because it looks like a lot of fun. I looked at a few vidcasts made by the 23 Things community and they're very impressive! (Love this one!) I believe the same effect can be attained with iPhoto, but I'm not sure how. Help me, Steve Jobs!

However, I downloaded Audacity, which is a wonderful program! I have a microphone, and used Audacity to record this truly professional-grade podcast. I'm not so sure if podcasts have a practical purpose in elementary school education, but I'm glad this program showed me the tools to do one if I need to.

4 comments:

  1. Nick,
    I could not get the podcast link to work. The screen indicated something to the effect.. 'access denied because I do not have permission.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you get the podcast through RSS feed with Google Reader?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found the problem. Filefreak had the file set to private. It should work now... I hope?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nick,
    I could only access the audio file, is there an video, too? Truly funny and one you might share with colleagues, eh??
    V.

    ReplyDelete